Office 365 People - FAQs
In Outlook Web Application (OWA), when you go to People ? and click you’ll see “Create a Contact List” and “Create a Group”.
The Contact List is a personal distribution list (Zimbra group). You can create these just as you could with Zimbra.
However the “Create a Group” option is quite different and requires IT to configure. Please contact the Call Center if you feel you need a Group setup for your needs (department or project).
A “Group” is a special collaboration space that provides:
- A calendar for the Group
- An e-mail address for the Group
- A place to share files and content
- A Group distribution list
- Internal (UAEX) members only
- Ability to have a conversation with group members (via e-mail)
- A Group can be private or public
- Users can subscribe to public groups