Change Default Address Book - Outlook
You may have multiple address lists in Outlook;
- 1 is our internal list (Global Address Book)
- 1 may be your business contacts
- Another may be a special organization
When you bring up the Address Book in Outlook, by default it shows the internal list (Global). However, if you mostly work with a different Address Book, you may want that book to be your default.
You can change the default via the following steps;
- Open the Address Book by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+B, while in Outlook, or use the Address
Book icon on the right side of the Home tab in the Ribbon.
- In the Address Book dialog choose Tools-> Options…
- Use the dropdown list for “When opening the address book, show this address list first”
and change to your preferred address list.
- Press OK.
- Close the Address Book dialog.