OneDrive for Business -
Sync to Computer with Outlook 2013
Sync OneDrive for Business to your computer and then access your files from File Explorer instead of from a web browser. All updates sync to OneDrive for Business or site libraries whenever you’re online.
Note: To use this feature you must have the following:
- You must have completed the OneDrive - First Time Use instructions.
- OneDrive for Business Sync App installed (Step 1)
- OneDrive for Business Sync App setup (Step 2)
Step 1 - Install OneDrive App
If you have Office 2013 then the app is already installed and you can go straight to Step 2 below after completing the first time use instructions.
Step 2 - Setup OneDrive Sync
- Login to OWA - http://owa.uaex.edu
- Select the app launcher, and then select OneDrive.
- Select the Sync button.
- At the prompt, click Sync Now to start the sync app wizard.
- You may be prompted with the following security warning. Check “Remember my choice…..” and click on Launch Application.
- You will be required to login again. Enter your email address and click Next.
- Enter your password on the next screen and then click on Sign In.
- The wizard automatically fills in the name and web address of the library. Select Sync Now in the wizard to start syncing.
You can click Show my files… in the wizard to open the synced library folder in File Explorer.
In Windows File Explorer, the folder is listed in your Favorites as well. It appears as OneDrive for Business.
You should now see the OneDrive icon in your taskbar as well.
Note: These are some limitations related to syncing OneDrive for Business to your computer:
- You can sync up to 20,000 items in your OneDrive for Business library, including folders and files.
- You can sync up to 5,000 items in site libraries, including folders and files.
- In any library, you can download files up to 2 GB.