CNA Group Benefits
What is Long Term Care Insurance?
Long-term care is not simply nursing facility care for the elderly. Long-term care insurance coverage encompasses a variety of services available to people who need assistance with the ordinary activities of daily living. Services can include help with grocery shopping, meal preparation, housework, and / or managing bills. If a higher level of care is desired, CNA can arrange help with bathing, dressing, eating. Finally, thanks to the advances in medical technology and care delivery options, over 80% of all long-term care services are provided today in individual homes, assisted living facilities, adult day care, or adult foster care centers.
Why Consider Long Term Care Insurance?
- Group Medical and Medicare do not likely cover you
- Convenience of payroll deduction for employees and spouses
- Several plan options to select from to meet your needs
- Premiums do not increase simply because you age
- Portable coverage
Who is Eligible for Long Term Care Coverage?
- Employees: Newly eligible employees may enroll in the long-term care plan within 60-days from their date of hire by completing the Employee Enrollment Form found in the CNA enrollment kit. Employees enrolling within 60-days from their date of hire are guaranteed acceptance - there are no medical questions. After the initial 60-day eligibility period has expired, employees will be required to submit a Short Form Application before being accepted into the plan.
- Spouse: An employee's spouse may apply for long-term care coverage at any time by completing the Short Form Application found in the CNA enrollment kit. Coverage is not guaranteed. Coverage is subject to CNA underwriting approval.
- Retirees and their spouses: Are eligible to apply for coverage at any time by completing a Long Form Application found in the CNA enrollment kit. Coverage is not guaranteed. Coverage is subject to CNA underwriting approval.
- Parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, grandparents-in-law: Are eligible to apply for coverage at any time by completing a Long Form Application found in the CNA enrollment kit. Coverage is not guaranteed. Coverage is subject to CNA underwriting approval.
All participants have the flexibility to choose from several plan options based on their level of risk tolerance, costs in their local area, or income level. To request an enrollment kit from CNA, call 1-877-777-9072. CNA has created an interactive web site designed specifically for the University of Arkansas. The site contains the University's plan design, rates, exclusions, and enrollment criteria. The web address is: www.ltcbenefits.com
The password is: UALTC
After reviewing the site, please feel free to:
- Download applications from the site.
- Complete and mail directly to CNA.
- Ask a question via the web.
- Request an enrollment kit via the site.