Give Green on Giving Tuesday in Arkansas
What is Giving Tuesday?
- Giving Tuesday is a celebration dedicated to giving back to local communities and organizations.
- It was created in 2012 by New York’s 92nd Street Y in partnership with the United Nations Foundation as a way to kickstart the giving season.
- The fourth annual Giving Tuesday will occur on December 1, 2015, giving a variety of resources, services, monetary support and social support to an organization of their choosing.
How can you participate in Giving Tuesday in Arkansas?
Make a donation at http://uaex.edu/4h-youth/get-involved/donate/ or Text 4HGivesGreen to 41444, and follow the instructions to give.
- Any amount of support is extremely appreciated, so whether the donation is large or small, it will truly make a difference.
- Anyone can post on their personal social media pages to spread the word about what we are doing in our community by adding one of the hashtags mentioned above.
What is Arkansas 4-H doing to participate in Giving Tuesday?
One of 4-H's essential, core elements is generosity, and what better way to give back to 4-H than by giving generously yourself? During this upcoming Giving Tuesday event, we encourage our friends to give generously in ensuring Arkansas 4-H's success for future generations.
Friends of Arkansas 4-H are encouraged to take part by making a donation to Arkansas 4-H on Tuesday, December 1. Gifts will support scholarships and “Arkansas 4-H’s Greatest Need,” a category that gives the most flexibility in meeting the needs of Arkansas 4-H members.
Arkansas 4-H alumni and friends are encouraged to use #GivingTuesday, #GivingTuesdayAR and #4HGivesGreen on social media to raise awareness among their peers. These hashtags are used to help enhance the social spirit of the campaign.