UACES Facebook Financial Services - UACES FAQs
skip to main content

Financial Services FAQs

 Removed photo and inserted graphic at top

Find answers to some of your most frequently asked questions in Financial Services.  Members from various areas in Financial Services have taken the most often asked questions and compiled the answers in an easy to use format.  Click on the tab below to find answers to your questions relating to ePrint reports, purchasing, spending guidelines, and Quicken and the Depository Account.

  • What do I do with 4-H, Master Gardener, Shooting Sports, etc. funds received by the county office?


    Programmatic funds, or funds used for any program (camp, O-Rama, training) must be deposited into your Depository Account and then sent by the County to pay for registration, participation fees, training fees.

    Funds to pay for meeting expenses (refreshments, awards, gifts) are not considered to be programmatic and can be paid for by the affiliated club.

    Honorariums, service contracts, room rental contracts can be paid for out of the depository, but must be done through a requisition using the fund # 13823 (Depository Account Fund).

  • How do I enter sales tax that has been added to a P-Card, or Other Expense after the original amount has already been entered into Quicken?

     Make a new entry in the current month, entering the tax added as a payment.

     Use OTH in the number column and in the Payee field, use the person, company etc. that was used in the original charge entry.  In the memo field, you can put sales tax added.

     Clear the entry.

  • How can I handle an entry that has been tagged in a previous month, and then I discover it should go to a different group?

    Tags do not affect your depository balance and can be changed at any time.

    Tags affect reconciliation reports, so if such a discrepancy is discovered, it is expedient to change the previously entered entry’s tag, immediately. This will insure that current reconciliation reports will be accurate.

  • How do I enter bank charges for service charges, interest, checks and/or deposit slips? 

    Enter in month charged, using OTH in the number column. Enter all as payments – except for interest, which is entered as a deposit entry.

    Clear when you see on bank statement or receive notice from FS.

  • What does it mean to “not go back into a previous month and make entries?”

    If it is July and you are working on June reports – you can still change or make new entries in June.  That is not going BACK – it is actually doing your current reporting.  Now, once all the counties’ reports June reports are submitted and the June entries are loaded into Banner by me, that month is closed.  From that point forward we cannot go back into June and make changes or entries. 

    If while working on a month’s reports, you see an entry you missed (check, deposit, p-card, bank charges/interest, mistake) you can certainly make those corrections or additions and in fact, you should.  There should not be bank charges/interest on your Finance 401 – you should go ahead and enter them in the month on which you are working.

    Again, a month is only considered previous after you have submitted your reports for that month, and I have loaded them into Banner.  Until loaded, I can make corrections/additions, if you let me know – and reports can always be re-run and re-submitted.

    Any entry missed in a month (after all reporting is completed for that month) – needs to be entered into the next month (in this example it would be July) as soon as discovered.  Make note of the actual date in the memo line. 

  • What copies do I need to mail to Financial Services each month?

    Copies of receipts (for funds received)

    Copies of deposit slips

    Quicken report files – B, D, and OS

    Signed Finance 401

    Copy of Bank Statement

  •  Do we still upload ftp report files?

    We no longer upload tab-delimited files.

    Only the tab-delimited "D" (Monthly Activity Detail) report files is emailed to the Quicken Specialist each month.

  •  How are tab-delimited report files labeled?

    Files are labeled by:

    Org #
    Report name

    4424 (org#) 14 (year)  07(month) B (report name)


    The same format is used for the D and OS report files.

  •  What am I to enter in the Payee field?

    The “payee” field is a description.  It is to describe the person or entity from whom funds were received, or to whom funds were paid.


    Tom Smith – person
    United Way – entity
    ORama Attendees – persons attending an event (this type of entry must have a list of those persons and funds submitted/paid by them)

  •  How do I enter Donations?

    All donation entries begin with GIFT-


    GIFT-Tom Smith

    GIFT-United Way

    GIFT-Individual Donors (list attached with names and amounts listed)

    *If your entries do not begin this way, they have to be manually corrected by Financial Services.

  • What about donations of $250 or more? 

    Donations of $250 or more must be entered as separate entries.

    They are not to be combined with any other donations.

    All documentation regarding these donations is to be sent to:

    Office of Development

    Attn: Brian Helms

    2301 S. University Ave.

    Little Rock, AR 72204

  • What do I enter in the numeral column? 

    Checks require a check # (do not add org#)

    Deposits require DEP (do not enter receipt #’s)

    P-Card, Publications, Bank charges require OTH (other)

    Correcting Entries require CORR

    Monthly Transfers require TXFR

    Individual Transfers sent by CES require TSR (your notice will instruct you)

  •  How do I know what is to be entered in a particular month?

    1st: Checkbook – be sure all checks for that month have been entered into Quicken

    2nd: Deposit book – be sure all deposits for that month are entered into Quicken

    3rd: Bank Statement – all credits and debits listed on the bank statement must be entered into Quicken

    4th: If you have p-card receipts for the depository account (13823) that have been spent in that month – go ahead and enter them into Quicken and clear when you received transfer notice.

  •  Does check and receipt number sequence matter?

    YES.  Try to write checks in sequence (in numerical order)and write receipts as funds are received – in sequence.  This helps you keep track of your depository account and prevent skipping entries.

  • Is it permissible to use the SPLIT button in Quicken? 

    NEVER use the split button.

    If transactions need to be split between accounts, make separate entries for those amounts in the different accounts.

  • The print on my screen is small and difficult to read. How can I make the text larger on the screen so the reports can be easily read online?

    First, always choose the PDF version when viewing and printing ePrint reports. If you're having trouble viewing the reports on your screen, try using the "Zoom in" tool. Or, click the Bookmarks tab on the left of your screen. This will widen the viewing page for the report and zoom in the document. To go back to the Bookmarks just click on the tab. You may also want to try a combination of both the "Zoom in" tool and clicking on the Bookmark tab to make the print larger on your screen.


  • When I log into ePrint, I receive the error message, “Authorization failed, please try

    ePrint displays this error message when an incorrect userid and/or password have been entered while attempting to login to ePrint. ePrint is expecting the same user id and password used when logging into Banner at This will be the password and user id where the user id is typically the first letter of the first name and the last name. It's also the same user id and password used to enter requisitions in WebForms. If you think you're using the correct password to login to ePrint but are still receiving the "Authorization failed, please try again" error message, double check your password by logging into Webforms at Banner will display the message "invalid username/password; logon denied" if you don't have the correct WebForms user id and password. If you've forgotten your WebForms username or password, contact Yvonne McCool by email in the Information Technology department to have your password reset.

  • I have logged into ePrint but there is nothing there except the header. Under the header the page is blank.

    If you login to ePrint and only see the header and no reports then your password has
    expired and it needs to be reset. Contact the IT Department to reset your password. Once
    your password has been changed, wait approximately 5 minutes before trying to log back
    into ePrint.

  • When I log into ePrint, I receive the error message “No reports found”

    This means your profile security is not setup in Banner. Please contact Financial Services
    and we will make sure you are set up with the appropriate funds and orgs.

  • Allowable Expenditures

    Federal Smith Lever (FSL Funds)
    14000, 14001, & 21XXX

    1. Advertising

     Recruitment of personnel
     Procurement of goods & services
     Disposal of scrap or surplus materials
     Other specific purposes necessary to carry out Extension work
    2. Payroll & fringe benefits
    3. Pre-Agreement costs (with written permission)
    4. Travel (no foreign travel)
    5. Taxes
    6. Moving costs (must stay with State Extension Service one year)
    7. Honorariums
    8. Exhibits at fairs
    9. Utilities
    10. Purchase of uniforms
    11. Meals
     Continuity of meeting
     Finance 214

  • Unallowable Expenditures

    1. Purchase, erection, preservation or repair of buildings

    2. Purchase or rental of land
    3. Individual membership fees/professional dues
    4. Printing or distributing reports of other organizations
    5. Distributing seeds, fertilizers, food or other materials to clientele (gifts)
    6. Travel or other expenses of members of 4-H clubs (except National 4-H Conference, etc)
    7. Volunteer expenses
    8. Feeding & caring for 4-H club members’ animals
    9. Musical entertainment
    10. Advertising for commercial firms
    11. Patenting or copyrighting materials
    12. Tuition remission
    13. Donor solicitation expenses
    14. Plaques & awards
    15. Logo clothing
    16. Promotional items
    17. Galaxy Conference expenses
    18. Appliances

  • County Carryover (27100)  Allowable Expenditures

    **** Expenses on this fund MUST be in support of county programming such as:
    1. Educational & office supplies
    2. Travel
    3. Meals for meetings
     Must meet “continuity test”
     Must complete Finance 214
    4. Salaries & benefits

  •  Unallowable Expenditures (Unless prior approval is received)

    1. Expenses related to building maintenance
    2. Expenses related to building improvements
    3. Expenses NOT directly related to the support of county programming

  • State Treasury Appropriation (CAA0200)
    Reimbursed by State
    (13101)  Allowable Expenditures
     1. Salaries

    2. Fringe benefits
    3. Normal maintenance & operations expenses (02)

  •  Unallowable Expenditures
     1. Plaques & awards

    2. Logo clothing
    3. Promotional items (can’t be reimbursed by State)
    4. Individual membership fees/professional dues
    5. Galaxy Conference expenses
    6. Appliances

  • State Cash Appropriations
    Not Reimbursed by State
    Programmatic Revenue
    County Petty Cash Accounts
    (13XXX)Allowable Expenditures (Required to follow state purchasing regulations)
     1. Normal maintenance & operations expenses

    2. Travel
     County Petty Cash Accounts must use fund #13823 & process through CES
     Galaxy conference travel allowed
    3. Office supplies
    4. Demonstration supplies
    5. Meeting expenses
    6. Postage
    7. Plaques/trophies/awards (<$150)
    8. Gifts (non-Extension personnel only & <$100)
    9. Logo clothing
    10. Meals-Finance 214
    11. Individual membership fees/professional dues (With supervisor approval)
    12. Promotional items
    13. Appliances

  •  Unallowable Expenditures

    1. Checks written for cash
    2. Travel directly from County Petty Cash Accounts
    3. Payroll/salaries/fringes paid from County Petty Cash Accounts
    4. Gifts to Extension Personnel
    5. Expenditures that circumvent normal State purchasing regulations
    6. Personal Expenditures

  • Grants
    (23XXX, 25XXX, 28XXX)
     Reference grant agreements for restrictions & allowable budget categories.