Arkansas Cooperative Extension Social Media
At Extension, we believe the use of social media is a way to digitally connect and communicate with others -- co-workers, clients, business partners and potential new clients.
Getting Started with Facebook Groups - For Employees and Volunteers
Facebook groups are an important part of connecting clubs and groups like Master Gardeners and 4-H clubs. However it is important that rules are followed when maintaining and setting up a private group. Below are official rules:
- Use the words ‘Official Extension ____ Club’ in your group name.
- Official club logos are NOT permitted on groups that are not official.
- Include in the ‘About’ section of your group profile links to the contact information for agents that are admins of the group.
- Facebook groups should be registered (see link at the bottom of this page) with admin agent names and Extension email addresses.
- It is required that TWO Extension employees be admins of the group.
- Personal opinions, religious or political posts (shared or posted directly) are prohibited on all Extension social media accounts even if maintained by volunteers.
Connect With Us!