Cattle conference to feature regional expertsBy Dave Edmark
The Cooperative Extension Service
U of A System Division of Agriculture
- One-day event to be held at Texarkana fairgrounds
- Trade show features presentations on current topics
TEXARKANA, Ark. – Arkansas cattle producers will have the opportunity to catch up on new developments in the business at the Four States Cattle Conference on Dec. 8 at the Four States Fairgrounds in Texarkana. The conference will run from 8 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
The conference is sponsored by the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture, the LSU Ag Center, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, Oklahoma State University Extension and Farm Credit. Registration is $30 per person, $50 per couple or $15 for 4-H and FFA students. To register, contact Jerry Clemons at firstname.lastname@example.org or 870-246-2281.
“Participation has continued to grow, as we provide topics that our cattle producers have requested,” said Sherry Beaty-Sullivan, Howard County extension agent. “It is also a great way for them to network with other producers and vendors at our ever expanding trade show.”
Presentations at the conference will feature sessions on:
- The cattle market outlook by Ross Pruitt of the LSU Ag Center
- What feeders and packers want in cattle by Tom Brink of JBS Five Rivers Cattle in Colorado
- Feeder cattle grading by James Ward of the U.S. Department of Agriculture Livestock, Poultry and Grain Market News Division
- Managing winter hay feeding by Dave Lalman of Oklahoma State University
- Why vaccines don’t work by John Richeson of West Texas A&M University
- Herd health program by Dee Griffin of the University of Nebraska
- Program wrap-up by Brian Triplett of Texas A&M AgriLife Extension.
The University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture offers all its Extension and Research programs and services without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status, and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Media Contact: Mary Hightower
Dir. of Communication Services
U of A Division of Agriculture
Cooperative Extension Service