OFPA meeting to be held April 11-12 in Springdale
By Fred Miller
U of A System Division of Agriculture
March 28, 2017
- 111th OFPA meeting to be held April 11-12 at Springdale Holiday Inn convention center
- Meeting will focus on the evolving food industry
- Onsite registration includes meals, exhibits, workshops and a reception.
SPRINGDALE, Ark. — “The Evolving Food Industry” is the theme of the 111th Ozark Food Processors Association Convention April 11 and 12.
The event will be held at the Holiday Inn Convention Center in Springdale. Preregistration is $125 and can be made online until April 3. Registration at the door will be $175.
Events include a golf tournament at Shadow Valley Country Club in Rogers and an industry expo with 25 exhibits showcasing innovations in products, services and equipment for food processors and featuring exhibitor “flash talks.”
Education session topics include:
- The Evolution of the Taco from Traditional to Contemporary — learn about the origin of the taco, how it became a cultural identity for Mexican cuisine and how it has become part of other cultures. This session includes a taco tasting.
- Raw Products and Crop Protection — a discussion on integrated pest management and sustainable agriculture.
- The Secret to Allergen Control — understanding tools that help integrate allergen control into any food safety system.
- Continuing Education Credit Workshops.
University of Arkansas food science students will display research posters on topics related to the food industry. OFPA scholarships will also be awarded.
The University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture offers all its Extension and Research programs to all eligible persons without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status, and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action institution. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate or need materials in another format, please contact your (insert appropriate office) as soon as possible. Dial 711 for Arkansas Relay.
# # #
Media Contact: Mary Hightower
Dir. of Communication Services
U of A Division of Agriculture
Cooperative Extension Service