2017 River Valley Beef Cattle Conference
Jan. 20, 2017
By The U of A System Division of Agriculture
- River Valley Beef Conference registration $20
- Info: Contact your county extension office
BARLING Ark. – Supplements, cost-cutting management tactics and expected progeny differences are on the agenda for the 2017 River Valley Beef Cattle Conference, set for Feb. 22 at the Ouachita Livestock market in Danville.
“We have an outstanding lineup this year to address supplementation, EPDs and decisions that can reduce costs and help add income – all important topics as producers seek to squeeze every ounce of profit they can from their operations,” said Lance Kirkpatrick, Sebastian County extension staff chair for the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture.
The conference opens at 8:30 a.m. with registration and concludes at noon with a steak dinner. Registration is $20 per person, including the meal. For more information, contact your county extension office.
- 8:30 a.m. - Registration
- 9:05 a.m. – Welcome: Perry McCourt, Farm Credit of Western Arkansas, sponsor
- 9:10 a.m. - Supplementation: Balancing cost and convenience Dr. Shane Gadberry, U of A System Division of Agriculture
- 9:50 a.m. - Farm management – Decisions that reduce cost and add income Dr. Brian Williams, Mississippi State.
- 10:50 a.m. - Break
- 11:00 a.m. – How to use to today’s EPD’s – Dr. Robert Wells, Noble Foundation
- Noon - Lunch
For more information, contact your county extension office. http://uaex.edu/counties/default.aspx
The University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action institution. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate or need materials in another format, please contact your county extension office as soon as possible. Dial 711 for Arkansas Relay.
# # #
Media Contact: Mary Hightower
Dir. of Communication Services
U of A Division of Agriculture
Cooperative Extension Service