Feb. 7 rice, soybean, corn production meeting set for Stuttgart
Feb. 3, 2017
By the U of A System Division of Agriculture
- Arkansas, Jefferson counties sponsor Feb. 7 crop production meeting
- No cost to attend. Info: Grant Beckwith, Grant Beckwith, 870-946-3231
STUTTGART, Ark. – The latest research in rice, corn and soybean production, plus a commodity outlook for 2017 are on the agenda for the Feb. 7 crop production meeting to be held at the Rice Research and Extension Center.
“We have a strong program of specialists and researchers from the Division of Agriculture on the agenda,” said Grant Beckwith, interim Arkansas County extension staff chair for the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture. “This meeting was arranged with growers from Arkansas and Jefferson counties in mind.”
Registration begins at 8 a.m. and the meeting concludes at 12:30 p.m. with a catfish lunch. There’s no cost to attend. For more information, contact Beckwith at 870-946-3231. The meeting is sponsored by the Arkansas and Jefferson County Extension Offices.
The Division of Agriculture’s Rice Research and Extension Center is located on Hwy. 130 East of Stuttgart.
- 8 a.m. – Registration
- 8:15 a.m. – County agriculture program demonstration results
- 8:30 a.m. – Rice Update – Jarrod Hardke, extension rice agronomist for the Division of Agriculture
- 9:15 a.m. - Soybean Update – Jeremy Ross, extension soybean agronomist for the Division of Agriculture
- 10 a.m. – Break
- 10:15 – Weed Update – Bob Scott, weed scientist for the Division of Agriculture
- 11 a.m. – Corn Update – Jason Kelley, wheat and feed grains agronomist for the Division of Agriculture
- 11:45 a.m. – Market Update - Scott Stiles, extension economist for the Division of Agriculture
The University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture is an equal opportunity/equal
access/affirmative action institution. If you require a reasonable accommodation to
participate or need materials in another format, please contact the Arkansas County
Extension Office as soon as possible. Dial 711 for Arkansas Relay.
# # #
Media Contact: Mary Hightower
Dir. of Communication Services
U of A Division of Agriculture
Cooperative Extension Service