Summer Taco Salad
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can beans, drained
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1—2 teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 head romaine letuce, chopped
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt (optonal)
- Heat small amount of water or vegetable broth in large nonstck skillet over medium
- Add onion and corn and cook untl the onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add diced tomatoes, beans, rice, chili powder, and oregano. Stir
- Mix cilantro into salsa.
- Toss letuce in a large bowl with the bean/rice mixture.
- Serve with salsa.
- Garnish with lime wedges, fresh jalapeños, sour cream or yogurt. (Optional)