Sloppy Joes with Beans
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can kidney beans, drained, rinsed and mashed
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can Sloppy Joe sauce
- 1/4 cup fine chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fine chopped peppers (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 whole-grain hamburger buns or toasted bread
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spray skillet with cooking spray.
- Brown turkey and onion (and peppers, if using) over medium heat.
- While turkey is browning, drain and rinse beans and mash with a fork.
- Add mashed beans, Sloppy Joe sauce, garlic powder and pepper to turkey. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Toast hamburger bun halves.
- Assemble sandwiches by placing 1/8 of Sloppy Joe mixture between toasted buns.