This quick and hearty meat dish topped with a layer of mashed potatoes just may become your new cold-weather comfort food.
- 2 pounds potatoes (washed, peeled, and cubed about the size of ice cubes)
- 6 cups water
- ¾ cup low-fat milk
- 1 can beef stew
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil potatoes in water until soft, about 12 minutes. Drain potatoes and pour them into a bowl. Mash potatoes until smooth. Add low-fat milk and stir until potatoes are smooth and creamy.
- Put beef stew in oven-safe baking dish. Top beef stew with mashed potatoes.
- Place casserole in oven and bake for about 15 minutes, or until heated through.