Enjoy Your Leftovers!
What can I do with a few leftovers?
Save up your little leftovers throughout the week and make a satisfying omelette or scramble for dinner. You'll reduce food waste and save money.
Easy Eggs for using up leftovers
- Combine filling of your choice: any vegetables, some grated cheese, and cooked meat.
- Crack 2 eggs in a small bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and whisk with a fork.
- Add 2 tablespoons water to eggs and, if desired, 1 tablespoon of herbs.
Instructions for Omelette
- Heat pan over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Add egg mixture to pan and tilt to evenly coat bottom of pan with eggs.
- Pull cooked egg from edge of pan with spatula and let liquid eggs run underneath.
- Add fillings down center of omelette.
- Fold omelette in thirds and slide onto plate.
Instructions for Scramble
- Heat pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour eggs into pan and stir occasionally until eggs begin to set.
- Add up to a quarter cup of the filling and mix into eggs.
- Scramble is ready when eggs are firm.
How can I keep my leftovers safe?
When storing leftovers it is important to cool them quickly in the fridge and store them in an airtight container. Separate food into several shallow containers and place throughout the refrigerator (rather than stacking) for faster cooling. When ready to serve again, reheat leftovers to 165°F. Using a food thermometer is the best way to ensure food is served at a safe temperature.