Arkansas Extension Homemakers Council
Sign up for our mailing list to receive updates!
Food Insecurity Statewide Community Service Project
Food insecurity in Arkansas is on the rise. We are trying to bring awareness to this issue and be an ally to those in need.
What are we doing to help?
Addressing food insecurity is our statewide project. Members may volunteer at local food pantries, host food drives, and donate to local food pantries or food banks.
What are our goals?
- Provide one million meals by 2022. By focusing on food insecurity, we hope to make a difference by working together and lowering the number of people who do not have access to food.
- Partner with state food banks and local food pantries.
Roberta Shankle, Chairperson State AEHC Project
Reduce your risk of getting sick.
Follow CDC and Arkansas Department of Health recommendations:
- Get vaccinated.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wear a face mask.
- Use social distancing (stay at least 6 feet away from others).
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
AEHC National and International Affiliate Organizations:
Laura Hendrix, Ph.D.
Associate Professor - Personal Finance
University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture
Cooperative Extension Service
2301 S. University Avenue
Little Rock, AR 72204