Peeling Tomatoes the Easy Way
Cooking with Extension
Learn the trick to peeling tomatoes quickly and easily! This time-saving method can also save more product to use.
What you need:
- Pot of boiling water
- Bowl of ice water
- Extra bowl (to put peels in)
- On the bottom of a tomato, slice an X in the skin of the tomato.
- Dunk it into the boiling water for no more than a minute.
- After 1 minute, submerge the tomato in the bowl of ice water. As you watch, the skin will begin to peel away.
- Peel the tomato easily!
- Repeat until all tomatoes and peeled.
- Great for salsa or a salad!