Eating Healthy in a Jiffy: Dinner Two Ways
Eating Healthy in a Jiffy offers tips and recipes for scratch cooking with whole foods.
This Chicken & Veggies dinner can be made two ways, as a one-person packet meal or
a one-pan family dinner. You’ll get your protein and so many of your essential nutrients
from this delicious dish without a lot of processed carbs. Cooking dinner in a jiffy
doesn’t have to be hard! Every Friday for the next 4 weeks, Amy will be presenting
short videos on the At Home with UAEX Facebook page.
- Choose your protein, vegetable, spices and topping/sauces.
- Wash and cut selected vegetables into small, evenly-sized pieces.
- Cut a 12" x 12" square of parchment paper or aluminum foil for each packet.
- Assemble your packet with hardy vegetables such as potatoes or carrots on the bottom.
- Brush both sides of protein source with olive oil and place on top of hardy vegetables.
- Add the tender vegetables such as tomatoes, mushrooms and olives.
- Drizzle with topping/sauces and sprinkle with desired spices.
- Top packet with cheese if desired.
- Fold over the sides of packet to meet in the middle and fold down. Fold ends of packet over to seal well. Do not slit the packet.
- Place packet on a baking pan and bake at 450 degrees F for 20–30 minutes.
- Allow packet to rest for 5 minutes and then transfer to individual plates. Unfold the packets with caution, as steam will be released.
- Ground beef patty, salt, pepper, onion, potato, carrot and Worcestershire sauce
- Chicken breast, salsa, black beans, corn and Cheddar cheese
- Flounder fillet, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, zucchini, carrots, red bell pepper, onion and dry white wine (or water)
- Salmon fillet, salt, pepper, lemon slice, oregano, thyme and basil