How to Use Your Arkansas Fresh Tomatoes
Learn interesting tomato trivia, how to select, and prepare three variations of Caprese Salad.
Watch the video below for all the details!
- 6 medium-ripe tomatoes
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 6 large basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut tomatoes and mozzarella into bite-sized pieces.
- Stack basil leaves and roll into a cylinder. Cut into thin ribbons with kitchen shears or sharp knife. Sprinkle ribbons over the salad.
- Whisk together olive oil and vinegar. Drizzle dressing over the salad and sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper. Serve immediately.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Calories: 112; Protein: 6 g; Fat: 8 g; Carbohydrates: 6 g; Saturated fat: 3 g; Fiber: 1g; Cholesterol: 12 mg; Sodium: 124 mg;