Personal & Family Well-Being
Family Life is full of challenges, but it is also rewarding when we make wise choices. We have created research-based programs to increase personal well-being, strengthen couple relationships, and empower effective parenting. All of these programs and materials are intended to help you make choices that will lead to a more enjoyable and satisfying family life.
- Teaching Children about Body Consent
- Keeping It Civil During Election Season
- Avoid Overindulgence this Holiday Season
- Dealing with Toddler Tantrums
- Making Friends in Adulthood
Need some help getting back into a routine? Here are a few printable chore/routine charts to get you started!
Add your child's name and routine or chores, print, and place into a document protector or frame to use with a dry erase marker!
Snack and Craft Tutorials:
- Allergy Friendly Brownies
- Peanut Butter and Banana "Snack-tions"
- Fruit Tower Engineering Snacktivity
Visit our Childcare Resources page for more activities like this!
What's in the News?
The CDC offers tips for meaningful parent and family engagement with schools to support health and learning.
American Academy of Pediatrics offers tips for a safe and fun Halloween.
Sexual assault is traumatic, and reporting an assault can cause a victim to relive the trauma. Self-care is important, but it can be very difficult following trauma. The Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN) offers resources for victims and families. If you have a friend or family member who has been a victim, you may find these tips useful.
- RAINN offers a national hotline and online chat for survivors.
The National Sexual Assault Hotline number is 1(800)656-HOPE.