Online Childcare Training - Best Care Connected
Best Care Connected is an online professional development course that provides five hours of verified training through Traveling Arkansas' Professional Pathways (TAPP) Registry. The online course format includes interactive elements and audio recording.
The areas of emphasis include child development, health, nutrition, and resource management.
How to Access Best Care Connected
- To access the course, go to the courses.uaex.edu website.
- When you are ready to get started, log in or create an account.
- Once you log in, please “click” on the Best Care Connected link under the course category titled 2017 TAPP/PDR Online Child Care Courses.
- You are now on the Best Care Connected course home page. Please make sure to read all of the instructions on the Best Care Connected Home Page. This information is helpful to you when starting the course and it is important for you to do every step of this course correctly to receive full credit.
- As you work through the course, please be sure to complete the registration form, pass the quiz with an 80% or above, and complete the evaluation form under each lesson.
- Once you have completed the course, you will need to print or save as a pdf the completion certificate.
The hours that you have completed will be reported to the TAPP Registry for credit. We ask that you allow 30 to 45 days for credit to show on TAPP.
Continuing Education Units (CEU's) are available for a $10 fee upon completion of the course. You can receive 0.1 CEUs for each lesson/hour that you complete. There is a section in the course on how to receive them.
Best Care Connected Courses for 2016-2017:
Discusses ethics and best practices for using social media and online tools as an childcare professional.
Healthy Snacks for Young Children:
Offers ideas for healthy snack preparations for the little ones in your care.
The Amazing Journey of Toddlerhood:
Focuses on the joys and trials of teaching toddlers by discussing developmental milestones and ways to engage 1 - 3 year olds.
Arkansas Culture through Literature, Music, & Art:
Introduces the rich heritage of Arkansas through the use of children's books, folk music, and art. Includes activities that use Arkansas products such as rice.
Autism Awareness in the Early Childhood Classroom:
Offers information to gain awareness of autistic spectrum disorders and how they affect young children in a childcare setting.
Each lesson will be available separately for 1 hour of TAPP verified credit.
Available September 1, 2016 - September 15th, 2017