Agritourism in Arkansas: A Resource Guide for Farmers and Landowners was developed in collaboration with several partners to help you to determine whether agritourism is right for you.
Agritourism in Arkansas
The possibilities are limitless, but some common examples include:
- pumpkin patches
- Christmas tree farms
- fee hunting and fishing
- agricultural festivals
and many others.
Arkansas Agritourism Association
SAVE THE DATE - FEB 20, 2019 - ANNUAL MEETING
The annual Arkansas Agritourism Association business meeting will be held February 20, 2019. It will also include workshops and networking opportunities.
The Arkansas Agritourism Association was formed on February 26, 2018 Association objectives are:
- Work collaboratively to address issues and challenges facing the agritourism industry.
- Provide education for agritourism operators and new individuals and entities coming into the industry.
- Facilitate networking opportunities among agritourism operators, resource providers, and potential markets.
- Identify market opportunities and support market research.
- Encourage public policy to support agritourism enterprises.
- Support marketing efforts and promote the growth of agritourism throughout the state of Arkansas.
Learn more on the Association's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Arkansas-Agritourism-Association-750327768403353/ or read their bylaws.
Join the Arkansas Agritourism Association by completing a membership applications.
The University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture Cooperative Extension Service, Arkansas Department of Parks & Tourism, and Arkansas Agriculture Department have been providing technical assistance to this group.
Considerations in starting an agritourism business:
For farmers, benefits include the potential to increase income, identify new customers, lose the middle man, build closer linkages to the nonagricultural business community and raise awareness of and appreciation for agricultural production.
Potential benefits to communities include increased tax base, new employment opportunities, educational opportunities for the public, preservation of rural way of life and economic development that can't be outsourced to other countries.
The following resources may help you determine whether agritourism is right for you:
- 2016 SWREC Horticulture Field Day Presentation
- Agritourism Planning Considerations PDF
- 2013 Outdoor Business Workshop for Landowners Presentations
- 2011 Agritourism Conference Presentations
- Animal Agritourism PDF
- Arkansas MarketMaker: Linking Agricultural Markets PDF
- Branding Your Farm PDF
- Legal Protections Against Risk PDF
- Making Loans that Make Rural Arkansas a Better Place to Live and Work PDF
- Market Research: High Quality Data and In-depth Analysis for Small Business PDF
- Protecting Your Agritourism Operation PDF
- Pumpkin Hollow PDF
- Signage Programs Administered by the State PDF
- Social Media and Blogging PDF
- Using Social Media to Promote Your Business PDF
- Welcome to Arkansas PDF