Commercial/Non-Commercial Pesticide Application Recertification Training
Recertification Training for Commercial/Non-Commercial Applicators:
Commercial and Non-Commercial applicators that have and want to maintain a license must be retrained (recertified) every 3 years in most cases.
Two options for commercial/non-commercial applicator recertification:
Option 1: Attend a training conducted by Extension personnel or another training approved for recertification by the Arkansas Department of Agriculture Plant Industries Division, Pesticide Section. The available trainings provided by the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture are listed below.
Option 2: Retake the exams. Contact the Arkansas Department of Agriculture Plant Industries Division, Pesticide Section, for more information.
Training dates and locations
The commercial/non-commercial recertification trainings for all categories 2019 (except Turf & Ornamental) will be held from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm on the following dates:
- November 20, 2019 - Cooperative Extension Service, Auditorium - Little Rock, AR
- December 6, 2019 - Washington County Extension Office - Fayetteville, AR
- December 11, 2019 - First National Bank Arena, ASU - Jonesboro, AR
- December 18, 2019 - Brinkley Convention Center - Brinkley, AR
- January 16, 2020 - Cooperative Extension Service, Auditorium - Little Rock, AR
Don't want to register online?
Download the registration form, fill it out and fax it to Terilyn Maize at 501-671-2252.
Questions about turf and ornamental licensing?
Call Seth Dunlap at the Arkansas Department of Agriculture Plant Industries Division 501-225-1598.
- Recertification for Turf & Ornamental Categories ( Class 4, 5, 6, 9A, 9B, 10)
Turf and ornamental applicators who already have a license and need to be recertified before July 1.
- Class 4-Ornamental Tree and Turf Pest Control
- Class 5-Weed Control
- Class 6-Golf Course Pest Control
- Class 9A- Non- Commercial Ornamental Tree and Turf Pest Control
- Class 9B- Non-Commercial Weed Control
- Class 10- Non-Commercial Golf Course Pest Control
Turf and ornamental recertification training date: (Classes:4,5,6,9A,9B,10)
The meeting is for applicators that already have a license and need to be recertified
before July 1.
- When: TBA
- Where: State Extension Service office at 2301 S. University Little Rock, AR 72204.
- Cost: $50.00 ( check or money order only), payable at the door.
You may preregister for the meeting by emailing Terilyn Maize at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 501-671-2232.
Recertification training for the turf and ornamental categories is available in January at the following annual meetings:
- Arkansas Turfgrass Association
- Arkansas Green Industry Association
- Extension offers recertification in May or June of each year at the Little Rock State Office.
If you have never had a license in the turf & ornamental, structural, household & rodent, or fumigation categories, contact Seth Dunlap at the Arkansas Department of Agriculture Plant Industries Division for more information ( 501-225-1598).