First-Time Commercial/Non-Commercial Pesticide Certification Training (no prior license)
Training dates and locations
The trainings for first-time commercial applicator certification are completed for 2019.
- Agricultural Plants (ground and aerial)
- Right of Way
- Demonstration and Research
- Forest Pest Control
- Wood Treatment
- Aquatic Pest Control
- Public Health
- Agricultural Animals
These meetings also qualify as training for Commercial Applicator Technicians (CAT).
CAT applicators do not have to take exams.
Purpose of the training:
These training sessions are intended to help individuals prepare for the exams required in order to obtain a pesticide license. These meeting are intended to train custom applicators, aerial applicators, University and Extension personnel (including graduate students), chemical company employees, employees of state and federal government agencies, etc.
How to register (three options):
- Register online
- Complete the pre-registration form and fax it to Ples Spradley at 501-671-2252
- Email the pre-registration form or your information Terilyn Maize at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Cost for training is $50 per person. Two options to pay:
- Online registrants can pay using the online registration form (preferred)
- Pay by check or money order on location the day of the training. Checks must be made out to the "Cooperative Extension Service".
Pesticide Study Kit: PLEASE READ PRIOR TO ATTENDING
We highly recommend that you get a study kit prior to the training. Two options to purchase the study kit ($15):
- Purchase study kit online
- Call Terilyn Maize at 501-671-2232
Extension Pesticide Safety Education specialist