The 2014 Farm Bill
Farm Service Agency - ARC/PLC Programs
- Base Acre Reallocation, Yield Updates, ARC & PLC (Fact Sheet)
Owners of farms have a one-time opportunity to: (1) maintain the farm’s 2013 base acres of covered commodities through 2018; or (2) reallocate base acres among those covered commodities planted on the farm at any time during the 2009 - 2012 crop years (excluding upland cotton bases).
To use the tool, producers must know a farm’s 2013 base acres and 2009-2012 planting history. FSA producers received this in the mail in August 2014.
Note that the file contains substitute yields for covered commodities that are based on data available from the National Agricultural Statistics Service. The file will be updated as additional data becomes available.
- Crop Insurance Rates and Yields Actuarial Information Browser
- Program on Dairy Markets and Policy
- Progress on 2014 Farm Bill Implementation, USDA
- Price Loss Coverage (PLC) & Agricultural Risk Coverage (ARC) Programs, FSA
- Glossary of Farm & Commodity Policy Terms
2014 Farm Service Agency and Division of Agriculture Farm Bill Meeting Presentations
- ARC/PLC Overview, Yield Updates, and Base ReallocationsTony Franco, Chief, Farm Programs Division, Arkansas State FSA Office
- Price Loss Coverage (PLC) and Agricultural Risk Coverage – County Level (ARC-CO)
Anita Wilson, Agricultural Program Specialists, Farm Programs Division, AR State FSA Office
- The Farm Bill Decision Making Process and Web-Based Farm Bill Decision Aid
Bobby Coats, Professor, University of Arkansas System's Division of Agriculture
This webpage is intended for information purposes only and is based upon the Division of Agriculture and other authors’ interpretation of the Farm Bill. There will likely be differences in interpretation and the final regulations issued by the Farm Service Agency (FSA) and other government agencies responsible for interpreting, writing, and implementing final rules and regulations. Please be aware, without the final rules and regulations issued by FSA and other agencies, the information contained herein are preliminary and subject to change. This page will be update as FSA releases new information and new and better research, analysis and information should be available before most decisions need to be made.