Beef Quality Assurance
What is BQA?
How does BQA improve Arkansas beef?
How can Arkansas producers become certified?
Arkansas BQA offers two ways to participate.
1. Online Certification: Producers register through the National BQA Online Classroom, complete the desired training modules and pass the test. The National BQA Manual and training modules are available at no cost.
2. In-person Certification: Producers attend a course provided by an official Arkansas BQA trainer. Arkansas currently has 25 Extension Agriculture Agents available as BQA trainers. Producer information will be entered into the National BQA database. You can find future trainings here.
* For both types of certification, a state and national BQA number will be issued for the producer. Producers must re-certify every 3 years.
Is there anything beyond certification?
Arkansas BQA offers the farm assessment program.
- Farm assessment provides a step-by-step plan for producers to get their farm BQA compliant.
- An assessment consists of two farm visits by a BQA consultant to go through a comprehensive checklist.
- Assessment includes aerial drone mapping of working facilities.
- The evaluator will give a copy of the checklist with recommendations.
- After a mutually agreed upon period of time, the BQA consultant will visit the farm to go over improvements.
- After the second visit, the producer will receive a BQA Farm Assessment sign that can be posted on the farm.
- Click here to register for this program.
Arkansas BQA offers the train-the-trainer program for educators who wish to be BQA trainers.
- Classes will be offered in each district to increase the number of qualified trainers.
- Applicants must have experience in adult education.
- Applicants must be approved by the state BQA Coordinator.
- Upon completion, new trainers will receive equipment and resources to help with future BQA classes.
- Contact Dr. Heidi Ward for more information.
The BQA program is supported by the check-off dollars provided by the Arkansas Beef Council.
Publications and Forms
For More Information Contact: