System Management - Office
C.E.S.P. 4-5: Keys, Security Cards - State Office
Date Revised: 4-23-2001
Summary: Establishes the procedure for issuing office keys to employees in the state office
• An employee who needs an office key must request a key receipt card from the Physical Plant. If the request is approved, a key will be issued.
• Upon leaving the employ of the Cooperative Extension Service, or when a key is no longer needed, the employee is to surrender the key to the Physical Plant. The key receipt card will be marked "key returned (Date) ."
• Report lost keys immediately to the Physical Plant.
• The building will be open at 7 a.m. Monday through Friday and locked at 5 p.m. each day.
• Access to the building after hours will be by building access cards. Card readers have been installed at the door to the right of the main entrance (door near stairwell). Cards will be required between the hours of 5 p.m. and 7 a.m. Monday through Friday and from 5 p.m. Friday until 7 a.m. Monday and holidays.
• Place the face of the building access card to the card reader to enter or exit the building. The magnetic lock will then open and will remain unlocked for 20 seconds.
• If the card is used to get into the building, it must also be used to leave the building.
• Employees entering the building after hours, with another employee and do not use their card cannot exit the building using their card; so, each person should enter and exit with his/her own card.
• If employees are already in the building when the security system is activated, they cannot leave through the card reading door with a card unless they entered that way earlier in the day. Therefore, they must leave the building using one of the other doors (panic bar will unlock from the inside) making sure that it locks behind them.
• Security card locks affect the main building only. Access to the print shop, warehouse and parking compound will operate as normal.
• The card is to be used only by the individual to whom it was issued. Employees should not loan cards to other individuals. If someone who does not have a card needs in the building after hours, arrangements can be made through the Physical Plant.
• In the event of loss of the card, notify the Physical Plant immediately.
• All doors and outside areas are monitored 24 hours a day with closed circuit T V (C.C.T.V.)