UACES Facebook Worker's Compensation Notice
skip to main content

System Management - General

CESP 3-17: Worker's Compensation Notice

Date Revised: 7-7-2015
Supersedes: 3-4-2015

Summary:  Establishes procedure for obtaining compensation for injuries while in duty status.

University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture Cooperative Extension Service employees are covered by Arkansas Workers' Compensation. This compensation is available at no cost to you and is administered by the Arkansas Public Employee Claims Division, which has developed the following procedure to assure that you will receive immediate treatment assistance if you have a work-related injury that needs medical attention. Treatment assistance is obtained through the Company Nurse Injury Hotline and Company Nurse will initiate the necessary worker’s compensation claim forms for you. The Workers’ Compensation (WC) program is separate from the UA health plan, so it is not necessary to use an in-network provider for treatment.

If you have an on-the-job injury:

  • Notify your supervisor immediately [unless it’s a medical emergency requiring ER treatment. In that case, go to the closest hospital emergency room first and then notify your supervisor from the ER. Your supervisor carries a Company Nurse Injury Hotline wallet card for reporting on-the-job injuries.
  • Your supervisor will call the Company Nurse Injury Hotline for medical care recommendations and a “Call Confirmation Number,” which is then given to you.
  • Company Nurse will gather information from you and your supervisor at that time.
  • If you are not available when your supervisor calls the hotline, Company Nurse will contact you directly for your personal information.
  • Company Nurse will send an injury report to your designated treatment facility and will initiate the WC injury claims procedure.

An injury report is also sent to the Extension WC liaison Nytalya Salter at so that supervisor and employee signatures may be obtained.

All injuries should be reported as soon as possible to the immediate supervisor even if the injury is minor. If an accident occurs but no medical treatment is needed, notify your supervisor so that an internal Incident Report Form can be completed to note the event. The Incident Report Form is available from the Extension WC liaison Nytalya Salter at

If your injury requires you to miss work for an extended period of time, please contact the Human Resources Office to see if you are eligible for job-protected Family and Medical Leave (FMLA).

Supervisors:  Three mandated Workers’ Compensation posters – Form P, Form H, and Company Nurse Form – must be posted at all Extension work locations in a conspicuous place where the other state and federally mandated employee notification posters are displayed. If your work location is missing any of these posters, please contact the Extension WC liaison Nytalya Salter at