Northwest Arkansas Pre-Construction Stormwater Education Program
Why was the program developed?
In Northwest Arkansas, construction stormwater inspectors have been frustrated with stormwater regulation non-compliance. Best management practices are not followed and conversations with those managing construction sites have gone unheeded. Some companies claim ignorance of requirements and best practices to avoid compliance with regulations.
Who is the program for?
This pre-construction stormwater education program is designed specifically for contractors, developers, and persons responsible for inspecting and maintaining stormwater controls on a construction site to be shared during pre-construction meetings.
All the materials needed to obtain a Participated in Training card are located on this page. Once you have completed:
- Watching stormwater Compliance on Construction Sites in NWA video (8 min, see video below)
- Stormwater for Construction BMPs: "Ground Control" Video (14 min) (ExCal Visual’s website – one preview viewing allowed per email)
- Reviewing the Construction Litter Resource sheet
- Reviewing the DEQ paperwork chart
- Reviewing Construction Stormwater Management Resource Sheet
- Completing the Construction Stormwater Quiz
If the score is 80% or above, they will email or snail mail a Participated in Training card that will be valid for two years.
Below are a few of the resources and materials developed:
Stormwater Discharges from Construction Activities (EPA website)
ADEQ Construction Stormwater Permitting (DEQ Website)