Northwest Arkansas Pre-Construction Stormwater Education Program
Why was the program developed?
In Northwest Arkansas, construction stormwater inspectors have been frustrated with stormwater regulation non-compliance. Conversations for those managing construction sites have gone unheeded and best management practices were not followed. Many companies claim an ignorance to best practices to avoid compliance with regulations.
Who is the program for?
In response, we developed a construction stormwater education program specifically for contractors, developers, and persons responsible for inspecting and maintaining stormwater controls on a construction site to be shared during pre-construction meetings.
All the materials needed to obtain a Participated in Training card are located on this page. Once you have completed:
- Watching stormwater Compliance on Construction Sites in NWA video (8 min, see video below)
- Ground Control – Ground Control - Stormwater Pollution Prevention from Construction Sites Video (10 min) (ExCal’s Visual’s website – one viewing allowed per email)
- Reviewing the Construction Litter Resource sheet
- Reviewing the DEQ paperwork chart
- Reviewing Construction Stormwater Management Resource Sheet
- Completing the Pre-con quiz
If the score is 80% or above, they will email or snail mail a Participated in Training card that will be valid for two years.
Below are a few of the resources and materials developed:
Stormwater Discharges from Construction Activities (EPA website)
ADEQ Construction Stormwater Permitting (ADEQ Website)