Arkansas Women Woodland Owners
"Walk in the Woods" Field Tour 2017 in Wrightsville.
Registration deadline is May 10, registration fee is only $10 and includes lunch!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Come take a Walk in the Woods!!
This May, we'll take a walk in the woods with a landowner family to learn how they manage their woodlands. So grab your boots and join us!!
WHEN: May 16, 2017. Starts at 9 am and ends around 2:30 pm
WHERE: Wrightsville, Arkansas area on family forest land
WHAT WILL WE DO:
Hear about a forest landowner family's goals
Learn about forest management planning
Learn about wildlife damage issues
Learn about marketing challenges for sub-urban forest landowners
COST: The fee is $10 and includes lunch, break, and materials
WEAR BOOTS. It might be a bit soggy so come prepared. If you need special assistance for this walk in the woods, please contact us and we will try to accommodate your needs.
The May 16, 2017 Agenda is:
- 9:00 Registration & Welcome
- 9:15 Our forest and the evolution of our plan: the Matsons
- 10:30 Beaver, feral hogs, and bottomland hardwoods: site tour
- 12:00 LUNCH & discussion: Marketing a sub-urban forest
- 1:00-2:30 Thinning your Pine Forest
- 2:30 Adjourn & safe travels
Do consider attending!
To register: print off the registration form and simply fill it out with your check addressed to UA CES and mail to us at:
|UA Division of Agriculture, Cooperative Extension Service|
|2301 So. University Avenue|
|Little Rock, AR 72204|
Or register online at: Online Registration Form
For more information contact: Tamara Walkingstick at email@example.com or by phone: 501-671-2346 or Caroll Guffey at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 501-671-2147.
When is our next conference?
There will be conference in September 2017 in the Hope Area. Contact Tamara Walkingstick if you want to share ideas or suggestions for the agenda!
- Managing for Forestry Resiliency. March 3-4, 2016. A. Vines 4-H Center, Ferndale, AR
- Keeping the Forest in the Family. March 26. 2014. University of Arkansas Community College at Hope, AR
- Forest Management Planning. April 18-19, 2013. Southwest Research and Extension Center, Hope, AR