Join Nancy as she gives a tour of her garden. Nancy and her family eat fresh foods all summer long, and save money on groceries.
Vegetable Garden Tour with Nancy Evans - SOS Family Challenge
by Katie Cullum
We've been talking about saving money this summer. Another way to save on groceries is to grow your own food! Growing your own food helps your family in many ways:
- Kids learn where their food comes from
- Kids are more likely to try new foods if they help grow it or prepare it!
- The whole family can work together on a project - set a goal, work on it, and reap the rewards!
- Gardening is a great way to get some exercise in
- Quality time spent together
- Fresh food!
- Everyone needs chores to do - even kids! Check out why on the Family Life Friday Blog.
- You can even preserve your food for later in the year - freeze, dry, or can it the safe way using our resources.
Need some help with your garden? Check out Extension's resource page.
Your health is important. Eating from the garden is a great way to eat healthy.
These recipes use food from the garden, while also helping your mental health! What
a great deal for this summer! Check out the Navigating Life Blog here. More about healthy eating and recipes can be found on our Eating Well page.