Northwest Arkansas: Living Well
Your Virtual Connection to Health
NWA Extension Life Skills and Wellness programs empower individuals and families to thrive. We provide Arkansans immediate and timely access to cutting-edge, reliable, unbiased information to develop critical life skills in health, nutrition, family life, and personal finance.
Check out our programs and resources below and start discovering how Extension can improve your life!
Do Your Part and Walk Across NWA
March 29-April 30, 2021
Register starting March 15
FREE! ALL AGES CAN PARTICIPATE! PRIZES
To register your team or as an individual, select the registration button below.
Looking for a fun way to get everyone more active? The University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture Research and Extension conducts a statewide campaign called Walk Across Arkansas. In NWA we are focusing on the 5 weeks of April to Do Your Part and Walk Across NWA!
- Registration starts March 15 and event begins March 29 and ends April 30
Individuals, Families, or Other Teams – All ages can participate
- Keep up with minutes of any activity wherever you are (walking, jogging, biking, gardening, or other activities increasing your heartrate)
- Incorporate litter pick up as well (Plogging). April is not only Earth Day, it is also part the national campaign for the Great American Clean Up.
- Supportive Facebook posts, encouragement, healthy recipe suggestions, and more
- Friendly competition for minutes and trash picked up
- Follow on Facebook @NWALivingWell or visit uaex.uada/nwastormwater to learn more about this and other amazing opportunities
Monthly Hot Topics in Nutrition:
The second Tuesday of each month from 3:00 - 4:00pm. This program has no cost. Register for monthly hot topics in nutrition.
UAEX Wellness Resources
Want to improve your finances, your health, or even your personal relationships? Check out our resources below and get started!
Don't Miss Our Weekly Wellness Webinars!
Join us for Project D-FEND (diet, food, exercise, and nutrition during social distancing) weekly discussions, and learn how to incorporate simple lifestyle changes to improve your health and wellbeing.
It can be difficult to find trust-worthy dieting information online. So, if you've got dieting or nutrition questions don't miss this opportunity to get expert advice and become a part of the D-FEND community!
Never Miss an Event or a Chance to Get Fit
Looking for more NWA wellness resources?