4-H Youth Development in Montgomery County
The 4-H program in Montgomery County offers a wealth of youth development opportunities. Adult leaders, trained by county Cooperative Extension Service Faculty, teach projects to children using the "learn -by-doing" method. 4-H teaches leadership, citizenship, and skills children will use throughout their lives. Check out this snapshot of 4-H in Montgomery County. Follow us on Facebook to see what's happening in 4-H.
Who Can be in 4-H?
There are three age levels in which youth can participate in the 4-H program. They are:
- Cloverbuds – Ages 5 – 8
- Juniors – Ages 9 – 13
- Seniors – Ages 14 – 19
Montgomery County 4-H Clubs and Leaders
Mt. Ida 4-H Club is for Jr. and Sr. members ages 9-19. They meet at the Extension Office in Mt. Ida on the 2nd Monday of the month at 5:00 PM. Leader: Courtney Macejewski 817-308-0845
Puddle Jumpers 4-H Club is for Cloverbud members ages 5-8. They meet at the Extension Office in Mt. Ida on the 2nd Monday of each month at 5:00 PM. Leader: Halie Brakefield 501-276-8103
Oden 4-H Club is for all ages, 5-19. They meet at the Pencil Bluff Baptist Church gym on the 4th Monday of the month at 5:00 PM. Leader: Extension Staff 870-867-2311
Caddo Tribe 4-H Club is for all ages, 5-19. They meet at the Caddo Hills School in Norman on the 1st Monday of the month at 3:30 PM Leder: Amanda Bailey 870-223-3649
How do I join a 4-H club?
It is easy to join 4-H and it's FREE! Join by contacting the Montgomery County Extension Office at (870) 867-2311 and signing up at Arkansas 4honline. 4honline instructions are available by clicking here.
How do 4-H members learn?
4-H members learn in a variety of ways including:
- 4-H projects
- Projects are the base of 4-H work. Whatever your interest, 4-H has a project for you. By "project" we mean work done with animals or crops, articles made or some other definite activity undertaken by 4-H'ers. The project should be one that fits well into the home and community. Click here for a list of 4-H projects and objectives. In addition, click here for a list of 4-H projects and objectives to help your 4-H member learn.
- 4-H activities
- Montgomery County 4-H offers wide variety of educational activities designed to help
your 4-H member learn while having fun! Examples include:
- 4-H Club Meetings
- 4-H Camp
- Fantastic Fridays Summer Program
- 4-H O-Rama Competitive Events
- Arts and Craft Workshops
- Animal Workshops
- Cooking Programs
- Community Service Opportunities
- And Many More!
- Montgomery County 4-H offers wide variety of educational activities designed to help your 4-H member learn while having fun! Examples include: