Extension Educational Programs & Services
Clark County, Arkansas
The Cooperative Extension Service offers a host of educational programs and services.
If you do not see what you are looking for below, please contact our county Extension Office for assistance.
Row Crop Production
Clark County Row Crop Production Meeting
Photo: Clark County staff chair Amy Simpson discussing Row Crop updates with row crop
- Soil Testing
- Soil Test Counseling
- Hay/ Forage Testing
- Ration Development
- Manure analysis
- Plant Disease Diagnosis
- Plant Identification
- Sprayer Calibration
- Feed Analysis
Educational Programs Available:
- Beef and Forage
- Timber /Forestry
- Pasture Renovation
- Computer Ration Development
- Pesticide Applicator Training
- Fruit Production
- Garden Production
- Weed & Brush Control
- Pest Management
- Farmers' Market Training
- 300-Days of Grazing
- Organic Gardening
- Horticulture Pruning
- Using Technologies on the Farm
- Small Poultry Flock Management
- Others upon request
4-H Summer Day Camp - Food Preservation
The Clark County 4-H program, with JoAnn Vann, Cindy Ham and Amy Simpson offered a
workshop for area youth to learn about and participate in food preservation.
Photo: Local youth with the results of the canning project.
Anyone age 9-19 can join 4-H. So come join the fun. There are over 100 project areas
and we can find one just for you!
Come join the FUN! The faces of 4-H kids are as diverse as the activities in which
they take part. Some of the exciting programs members are experiencing firsthand include:
- Science and Technology
- Health, Food & Nutrition
- Community Service
- Livestock & Poultry
- Pet Care
- Home Environment
- Gardening & Horticulture
- Public Speaking
- Arts & Humanities
- Energy Management
Clark County 4-H is active and Strong!! Come see what we have for you.
Clark County Family & Consumer Sciences
Planning, and monthly educational programs through the Extension Homemakers Clubs
provide additional program support.
- My Plate– nutrition lessons to improve health through making better food choices
- Cook Smart/ Eat Smart– Learn to cook quick meals within your food budget.
- Living Well with Diabetes Training– What it is, how it effects health, and how to
successfully manage diabetes.
- Food Safety– Publications, videos, and social media tips on food safety and preventing
- Food Preservation– Hands-on workshops to learn to safely store and preserve food.
Learn how to shop for, store, and prepare fruits, vegetables and meats.
- Navigating The Financial Journey– Budgeting, money management , credit and consumer
- Get Real, Here’s the Deal– youth focused financial program.
- Small Steps to Health and Wealth– designed to help you reach personal financial and
- Estate Planning Resources-Publications explaining the process and how to get started.
- Who Gets Grandma's Yellow Pie Plate - a lesson on transferring non title property.
- Walk Across Arkansas– Exercise with team members to increase physical activity
- Extension Get Fit– Strength training delivered in your local community for all fitness
- How to Talk To Your Doctor– Five ways to remember what's necessary for a more productive
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers– 6 lessons to cultivate self-care by communication,
management and more.
- Chronic Pain Self-Management Program– 6 lessons to reduce chronic pain by alternatives
and other therapies.
- The Best Care– meets the professional development needs of Arkansas' early childhood
- Best Care Connected– online course of interactive elements and audio recording providing
5 hours of training.
- Guiding Children Successfully–a research-based child care training program.
- Getting Our Hearts Right- Three keys to better relationships.
- Managing Stress– Ways to turn your stresses into growth and your challenges into blessings.
- The Marriage Garden– 6 lessons cultivating a good marriage.