by Katie Frizzell
Blueberry muffins are a classic treat: try them in this new, fun way! They are versatile and delicious. Make it your own by adding any berry you want, going gluten free, or using your favorite kind of milk or milk substitute. This recipe is easy and kids can easily help out. Try these muffins for breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Download the recipe: Blueberry Muffins
Yield 12 muffins | Serving Size 1 muffin | 239 cal per serving
- ½ c softened butter
- 1 ¼ c sugar
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c flour (AP or Gluten free 1 to 1)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- milk of choice
- 1 ¼ c blueberries or other berry of choice (can be frozen then thawed or fresh)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a muffin pan with liners and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- In a small bowl, mash 2 bananas and add vanilla and one egg to bananas.
- Add banana mixture to butter and cream mixture and combine.
- Add second egg and continue mixing.
- In a separate, large bowl combine flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add in the liquid mixture a little at a time to the dry mixture, mixing well each time.
- Add in enough milk to give the batter a runny consistency, like pancake batter.
- Fold in the berries.
- Fill the muffin pan about ¾ way full for each muffin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from a center muffin.
Check out the video demonstration!
The University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture offers all its Extension and Research programs and services without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status, and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.