Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies
by Katie Frizzell
Try this healthy spin on a classic cookie recipe! Add protein to your desserts with hidden chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans. The recipe can be customized with your choice of flour and oil.
Check out the video demonstration!
Yield 18 cookies | Serving Size 1 cookie | 135 cal per serving
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 1 c flour of choice
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp oil of choice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 c semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Microwave them for 1 minute.
- Mash them with a fork or potato masher or a food processor or blender if you have them.
- Add in all other ingredients except the chocolate and blend well with a hand mixer.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Dollop onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Makes about 18 cookies.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes.
The University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture offers all its Extension and Research programs and services without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status, and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.