Savvy's 2020 Holiday Prep Advent Calendar
by Katie Frizzell
To get us in the spirit of the season, here is a list of things you can do to help prepare yourself for the hustle and bustle of the holidays. This list combines real holiday prep with self-care moments to get you ready to take this holiday season by storm. It doesn’t matter what order you do them in; you can do one each day, or multiple in one day. Whatever works for you! I hope you enjoy this 2020 Holiday Prep Advent Calendar.
- Break out the decorations. Determine what brings you joy and what is used and discard what you don’t love or need.
- Put up decorations.
- After decorating, do a clean sweep of floors, vacuum rugs and carpet, and mop if necessary.
- Refresh your furniture. Vacuum couches and chairs, launder blankets, and fluff pillows.
- Get cozy and watch your favorite holiday movie.
- Make a list of who you will give a gift and what you plan to give them. Consider giving cards or homemade gifts instead of buying gifts.
- Send holiday cards.
- Buy gifts or supplies for DIY presents.
- Make DIY gifts or do another holiday craft.
- Drink a seasonal beverage such as coffee, tea, cider, or cocoa.
- Clean out the fridge and freezer and wipe them down inside and out.
- Take inventory of kitchen utensils and get rid of what you don’t use.
- Make a playlist of your favorite holiday songs.
- Treat yourself to a new, cozy pajama set. It doesn’t have to be expensive!
- Do a fun holiday activity you enjoy such as caroling, building a gingerbread house, or ice skating. Feel free to enjoy them alone or do them with a friend.
- Decide what your holiday plans will be this year. Make a calendar or list of the events you will attend with dates, times, and locations.
- Make your holiday menu.
- Organize the pantry or wherever you store your food and take inventory of what you already have and make a list of what you need to buy.
- Go ahead and buy nonperishable ingredients.
- Finalize any last-minute gifts.
- Go ahead and wrap presents.
- Drive around and look at light displays.
- Try baking a new or classic holiday recipe. Share with someone or enjoy yourself.
- Check in on someone you will be missing this holiday season. Consider how you can still interact with them. Send them a gift or food, give them a call/text, or schedule a video chat.
- Enjoy Christmas Day!