Stronger Economies Together - Southeast Arkansas Region
Arkansas, Ashley, Bradley, Chicot, Cleveland, Desha, Drew, Grant, Jefferson and Lincoln counties are working together to strengthen the regional economy.
Over the next few months, local leaders will be seeking input from residents, businesses and other stakeholders to design and implement a strategic plan that builds on the Southeast Arkansas region's assets and comparative economic strengths.
Two civic forums were held in the region for stakeholders to explore and discuss the region's strengths, challenges and opportunities.The first regional civic forum was held on October 19 in Star City. The second forum was held on November 15 in Lake Village.
Unable to attend a civic forum or need a recap of what was discussed?
- Notes from the Star City Civic Forum
- Notes from the Lake Village Civic Forum
- Civic Forum Facilitation Presentation (includes Data Snapshot)
Planning Session 1: Overview & Exploration of Regional Data
The first formal planning session will be held on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at the Star City Civic Center, 201 Liberty Street, 10:00 am – 2:30 pm. Lunch will be provided.
Who should attend?
- Representatives from business & industry
- Local government officials
- Economic developers
- Educational leaders
- Anyone else who want a voice in shaping the future of the Southeast Arkansas Economic Development District region
RSVP to Southeast Arkansas Economic Development District – email@example.com.
Save the Dates
- Planning Session 2: Evidence Based Planning - Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 10:00 am-2:30 pm
- Planning Session 3: Connecting Capitals - Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 10:00 am-2:30 pm
Want to get involved?
There are many ways in which you can get involved:
- Serve on the Regional Planning Team
- Participate in strategic planning meetings
- Spread the word with friends and colleagues so they can contribute to the effort
- Host or sponsor snacks at a strategic planning meeting
- Serve on the writing team
- Assist with implementing the strategic plan
To get involved, contact one of the individuals listed below:
Patrecia Hargrove, Southeast Arkansas Economic Development Districtphargrove@seaedd.org, (870) 536-1971
Stacey McCullough, University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture Cooperative Extension Servicesmccullough@uaex.edu, (501) 671-2078
Steve Mosher, USDA Rural Developmentsteve.firstname.lastname@example.org, (479) 968-3497 ext. 112
About Stronger Economies Together (SET)
Two regions in Arkansas are currently participating in SET - one in Northeast Arkansas and one in Southeast Arkansas. Visit the Arkansas SET website to learn more about the program in our state.
Stronger Economies Together is a partnership among the Cooperative Extension Service, USDA Rural Development, the four Regional Rural Development Centers with leadership from the Southern Rural Development Center, USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), and the Purdue Center for Regional Development. Visit the national SET website for more information.