Stronger Economies Together
Are you interested in building new economic opportunities for your region?
Stronger Economies Together (SET) enables communities and counties in rural America to work together in developing and implementing an economic development blueprint for their multi-county region that strategically builds on the current and emerging economic strengths of that region.
Regions located in the following states are invited to take part in Phase VII of the SET program:
Arkansas Indiana Missouri New Mexico North Carolina Oklahoma
Accepting Applications Now through March 23, 2017!
Regions in Arkansas that are interested in participating must complete the Stronger Economies Together Application. Applications are due March 23.
Register for our informational webinar scheduled for March 10, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. to learn more about the program and application process in Arkansas.
What is SET?
- Watch this 2-minute video to see what will happen if you are selected as a SET region.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Regions must consist of 3 or more contiguous counties.
- Regions must be 51% rural (based on population or land area).
- At least one county must be economically distressed.
- Must be interest from across region, not just one county!
What happens after I apply?
- Site visits to regions applying for SET will take place March 24-April 5.
- Regions selected will be announced in late April.
Major Benefits to Successful Applicants
- Coaching on the core building blocks that will serve as the foundation for developing and launching your region’s High Quality Plan
- In-depth data that are tailored to your region, information that helps delineate the critical drivers of your economy (including the presence or emergence of regional clusters)
- Tools that uncover local assets and resources that can be tapped to advance your region’s economic strategies and actions
- Technical assistance from Extension educators and USDA RD State staff to guide your region as it begins to implement its High Quality Plan
Stronger Economies Together is a partnership among the Cooperative Extension Service, USDA Rural Development, the four Regional Rural Development Centers with leadership from the Southern Rural Development Center, USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), and the Purdue Center for Regional Development.