Breakthrough Solutions is an award-winning, next-generation strategic planning and development program of the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service with partners in the public, private and non-profit sectors.
Contact Emily Smith at (501) 671-2138 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can improve your community or region's economic future.
Adapting & Responding to COVID-19: A Conversation with Community Leaders
- How are communities successfully adapting and responding to COVID-19?
- What innovative strategies are leaders using to help their communities navigate each phase of the pandemic maze?
- What roadblocks have communities encountered along the way and how are they overcoming each obstacle?
In partnership with the Breakthrough Solutions Partners, "Adapting & Responding to COVID-19: A Conversation with Community Leaders” features leaders from five Arkansas communities as they collaboratively share successful ways they've been navigating the COVID-19 pandemic, reflect on obstacles they've encountered along the way, and explore ways to strengthen response processes for the future. Watch the full convening below.
- Lauren Goines, Director of Communications for Sheridan School District, Sheridan, AR
- Mayor Julian Lott, Mayor of Camden, AR
- Mayor Jerry Martin, Mayor Alma, AR
- Brigitte McDonald, CEO of 1st Choice Healthcare, Corning, AR
- Mayor Paul Wallenberger, Mayor of Fairfield Bay
Viewers are encouraged to apply this reflective framework to their own experiences so they may examine and strengthen COVID-19 response strategies and continue to support their own communities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Breakthrough Solutions Partners
Learn More about Breakthrough Solutions
- 2019 Breakthrough Solutions Conference- Little Rock Mayor Frank Scott (video)
- 2019 Breakthrough Solutions Conference- Matt Dunne (video)
- Two Generations Trauma Informed Care
- Tapping the Potentials of Opportunity Zone
- Skilled Trade Expo
- Six Tourism Trends
- Passing Torch to Younger Generations
- Nine Strategies for Creating Connected Communities
- New Tools to Shape the Future of Your Community
- Moriah Bruner Passing the Torch Session
- Kick Start Sheridan
- Johnny Cash Center
- Career Technical Education Center
- Arkansas Regional Coalition of the Ouachitas
- ARCO Econ Opportunities
- Adverse Child Experiences & Poverty
- Creating Rural Digital Ecosystem
- ARCO in Action Final Report
How would you like to be able to make your community or region stand out - to be noticed in our state, our nation, and the world as you seek to attract tourists, retirees, families, entrepreneurs, and businesses? And to discover opportunities in eight critical issue areas, and hear about exciting community projects from across the state? You will have that opportunity at the 2016 Breakthrough Solutions Conference on July 8. The purpose of the conference is to provide community and regional leaders with insights, tools, and solutions that you can use to stand out from the crows, leading to your community becoming vibrant, sustainable, and resilient.
The conference will take place at the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service headquarters, 2301 South University, in Little Rock. In addition to the conference, two half-day pre-conference workshops will be held on July 7 addressing two critical community economic development issues, both of which can help your community stand out from the crowd.
- "Creating a Talent Pipeline for Your Community or Region" will provide a strategic approach to workforce development and a valuable tools for you to address the most critical issues and greatest opportunities for developing a killed, motivated workforce. The Talent Pipeline will be used for one pilot community, with workforce providers adding key insights into the process. (Morning)
- "Funding and Financing Community and Economic Development" will provide a comprehensive approach to finding and financing the most important projects and initiatives in your community, with an opportunity to learn from several successful projects funded in Arkansas and other states. Participating communities will have an opportunity to make a pitch for funding their projects. (Afternoon)
- Branding - Welcome to Perry County
- Building Your Community's Future Through Fresh Thinking
- Community Based Food System
- Dell Gines Presentation
- Engaging the Millennials in Your Community
- I am Harrison
- Ignite - Google Banners and Bears
- Ignite - Morrilton Fun Committee
- Ignite - New Vision Newport
- Ignite - Popup-in-the-Rock
- Ignite - Saline County Economic Strategic Plan
- Ignite Friends of Mosaic Templar
- Ignite -Kickstart Cleveland County
- Move Your Community Forward with Technology
- Never Let a Crisis go to Waste
- Omaha in Black and White-Poverty Amid Prosperity
- Recovering From Disasters
- Ten Basic Rules for Successful Fundraising
- Conference Information and Agenda (PDF)
- 54 Entrepreneurship Strategies
- ACDS Breakthrough Solutions
- Arkansas Regional Coalition for the Ouachitas Moving Forward
- Broadband Opportunities - ConnectAR
- Build it and They Will Come
- Building a Local Funding Team
- Community Economic Development – Out With the Old, in With the New
- Creating Entrepreneur-Friendly Communities
- Creating Wealth Through Leveraging Assets and Strategic Marketing
- Creativity and the Creative Economy
- Delta Young Professionals
- Entrepreneurial Financing and Economic Development
- Entrepreneurship Policy Actions
- Getting Ahead in a Just –Gettin'-By World
- How Do You Deal With Divisiveness
- Jewel of the Delta Farmer's Market
- Leveraging Local Assets by Creating Regional Food Projects: Missouri's Efforts
- Navigating the Rapids During Uncertain Times
- Extension CED Programs and Resources
- * Grisham, V. "Extraordinary Results in Ordinary Communities: Transforming Towns and Growing People". A study for the Kettering Foundation, 2010.
- ** Kuhn, T.S. (1962). The structure of scientific revolutions. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.