The 2017 Breakthrough Solutions Conference is set for Thursday, June 8, with the theme “Re-Imagining Your Community in the 21st Century Economy”, with pre-conference workshops taking place on June 7. This will be a unique opportunity to learn how to envision and develop your community to be successful in the 21st century economy, as you seek to attract tourists, businesses, entrepreneurs, families, and retirees. You will also hear about exciting community projects and opportunities in eight high priority issue areas. These events will take place at the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service, 2301 South University, in Little Rock.
The two half-day pre-conference workshops on June 7 are:
* “Re-imagining Your Community in the 21st Century Economy – Step by Step”, and
* “Developing Cultural Competence – Becoming an Effective Leader Across Cultures and Boundaries”.
The workshops will provide valuable insights and tools that address two of the most important issues facing communities and regions today. More
- About Breakthrough Solutions
Breakthrough Solutions is an award-winning, next-generation strategic planning and development program of the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service with partners in the public, private and non-profit sectors.
We live in a time of accelerating and unprecedented change; what worked 10 years ago or even five years ago may not work today. Successful communities, regions and businesses understand the key drivers of change in the world, and leverage their assets to create breakthroughs that can move them forward, sometimes in dramatic ways.
The Breakthrough Solutions Program takes asset-based development to the next level, and builds on tremendous work that has been done on extraordinary communities, community change models, community capitals, appreciative inquiry and strategic doing. It moves communities to action more quickly than traditional strategic planning processes.
The Breakthrough Solutions Partners employ a planning and action process that is:
- community-driven, and
- results- oriented.
"Breakthrough Solutions is considered one of the most cutting-edge programs in the field because it incorporates asset-based work and innovative tools to break beyond boundaries."
Gisele Hamm, Awards Committee Chair, Community Development Society
- Partners & Recognition
- Breakthrough News
- 2017 Breakthrough Solutions Conference and Art Show
2016 Breakthrough Solutions Conference
How would you like to be able to make your community or region stand out - to be noticed in our state, our nation, and the world as you seek to attract tourists, retirees, families, entrepreneurs, and businesses? And to discover opportunities in eight critical issue areas, and hear about exciting community projects from across the state? You will have that opportunity at the 2016 Breakthrough Solutions Conference on July 8. The purpose of the conference is to provide community and regional leaders with insights, tools, and solutions that you can use to stand out from the crows, leading to your community becoming vibrant, sustainable, and resilient.
The conference will take place at the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service headquarters, 2301 South University, in Little Rock. In addition to the conference, two half-day pre-conference workshops will be held on July 7 addressing two critical community economic development issues, both of which can help your community stand out from the crowd.
- "Creating a Talent Pipeline for Your Community or Region" will provide a strategic approach to workforce development and a valuable tools for you to address the most critical issues and greatest opportunities for developing a killed, motivated workforce. The Talent Pipeline will be used for one pilot community, with workforce providers adding key insights into the process. (Morning)
- "Funding and Financing Community and Economic Development" will provide a comprehensive approach to finding and financing the most important projects and initiatives in your community, with an opportunity to learn from several successful projects funded in Arkansas and other states. Participating communities will have an opportunity to make a pitch for funding their projects. (Afternoon)
- 2015 Conference Presentations
- Branding - Welcome to Perry County
- Building Your Community's Future Through Fresh Thinking
- Community Based Food System
- Dell Gines Presentation
- Engaging the Millennials in Your Community
- I am Harrison
- Ignite - Google Banners and Bears
- Ignite - Morrilton Fun Committee
- Ignite - New Vision Newport
- Ignite - Popup-in-the-Rock
- Ignite - Saline County Economic Strategic Plan
- Ignite Friends of Mosaic Templar
- Ignite -Kickstart Cleveland County
- Move Your Community Forward with Technology
- Never Let a Crisis go to Waste
- Omaha in Black and White-Poverty Amid Prosperity
- Recovering From Disasters
- Ten Basic Rules for Successful Fundraising
- 2013 Breakthrough Solutions Conference
- Conference Information and Agenda (PDF)
- 54 Entrepreneurship Strategies
- ACDS Breakthrough Solutions
- Arkansas Regional Coalition for the Ouachitas Moving Forward
- Broadband Opportunities - ConnectAR
- Build it and They Will Come
- Building a Local Funding Team
- Community Economic Development – Out With the Old, in With the New
- Creating Entrepreneur-Friendly Communities
- Creating Wealth Through Leveraging Assets and Strategic Marketing
- Creativity and the Creative Economy
- Delta Young Professionals
- Entrepreneurial Financing and Economic Development
- Entrepreneurship Policy Actions
- Getting Ahead in a Just –Gettin'-By World
- How Do You Deal With Divisiveness
- Jewel of the Delta Farmer's Market
- Leveraging Local Assets by Creating Regional Food Projects: Missouri's Efforts
- Navigating the Rapids During Uncertain Times
- Extension CED Programs and Resources
- Breakthrough Solutions Video and Art Work
- * Grisham, V. "Extraordinary Results in Ordinary Communities: Transforming Towns and Growing People". A study for the Kettering Foundation, 2010.
- ** Kuhn, T.S. (1962). The structure of scientific revolutions. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.