LeadAR Application & Selection Process
As an applicant, you should demonstrate leadership potential and a strong interest in improving your leadership skills and knowledge to make a positive difference in Arkansas. You should be committed to participate fully in the program for your own learning experience and that of your fellow classmates.
Application and Selection Steps:
- Submit an online application along with 4 references and a consent form from your employer.
- A Selection Committee consisting of LeadAR Advisory Council members and UA Division of Agriculture personnel will screen applications and select candidates for interview.
- Selected applicants will interview with the Selection Committee in Spring 2020.
- Applicants accepted into the program will be notified in late Spring.
- The anticipated program start for Class 19 is July 2020.
What does it cost to participate in LeadAR?
Tuition to participate in LeadAR is $3,000. This covers seminar and study tour expenses such as lodging, most meals, travel expenses while at program events (e.g. bus tours) and other program expenses. Scholarships are available.
We work hard to make LeadAR accessible for future leaders regardless of economic circumstances. To accomplish this, program costs are offset through grants, sponsorships and donations from private foundations, businesses, organizations and alumni. While participants pay a tuition fee of $3,000, the actual cost of the program is approximately $20,000 per person when all transportation, lodging, meals, tours and training expenses are included.