What is LeadAR?
LeadAR is a program designed to help Arkansans broaden their
understanding of issues and opportunities facing our state and strengthen their ability to make a difference.
Why Join LeadAR?
LeadAR is for Arkansans from rural and urban parts of our state who want to:
- Assume greater leadership responsibilities
- Understand complex cultural, social and economic issues impacting us today and in the future
- Improve their ability to interact and work with others
- Deepen their understanding of social, economic and political systems in order to effectively bring about change
- Develop critical thinking and decision making skills to become a better citizen and leader
- Connect to people and resources that can help them make a difference
What is involved in being a LeadAR participant?
LeadAR is a 2-year intensive hands-on program. If selected, you will participate in:
- Eight 3-day seminars located around the state, including tours, guest speakers and interactive activities
- Video-conference sessions and other activities between seminars for supplemental learning
- National study tour to Washington, DC to learn about issues and policy making from a national perspective
- International study tour to learn how international issues and policy impact the U.S. and Arkansas, explore innovations and different approaches used in other countries that we can learn from, and see the world from a different perspective
- Leadership project to make a positive difference
Thank You to our Class 18 Eagle Sponsors: