New Association Forms to Support Agritourism in Arkansas
Forty agritourism operators and other interested stakeholders met on February 26 to adopt bylaws, elect board members and officially create the Arkansas Agritourism Association.
Community and Economic Development’s Stacey McCullough, in collaboration with the Arkansas Agriculture Department and Department of Parks and Tourism, has been providing technical assistance to this group for the past several months.
Newly elected executive board members are:
- President: Ruth Pepler, Dogwood Hills Guest Farm
- Vice President: Chuck McCool, McCool Farms
- Secretary: Jacinda Jones, Aretha's Beverages
- Treasurer: Beth Eggers, Wye Mountain Flowers & Berries
- Northwest Region Representative: Audrey House, Chateau Aux Arc Vineyards & Winery
- Northwest Region Representative: Jason Mullins, Fair Haven Farms
- Central Region Representative: Kevin Hicks, Hicks Family Farms
- Northwest Region Representative: Deedee Alston, Holly Springs Homestead
- Southeast Region Representative: not yet filled
The Association has created a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Arkansas-Agritourism-Association-750327768403353/. Additional information about agritourism in Arkansas is available on Extension’s website at www.uaex.edu/agritourism.