Small Business Assistance in Arkansas
Operation JumpStart is a practical, hands-on program designed to help individuals test the feasibility of their business ideas and launch or expand a small business. The program includes:
- 36 hours of training focusing on concept development, market research and financial analysis and projections
- Business support team with local speakers, business coaches and resource providers
- Trained and experienced facilitators
- Small group exercises
- Weekly take-home assignments
- Opportunity to compete for start-up seed capital, if funds are available
- Sample agenda
Contact your county Extension Service office today to bring this program to your community.
Operation JumpStart graduates from Izard, Fulton and Sharp counties (November 2012) and course instructors.
Operation JumpStart Background
Operation JumpStart was licensed by the Douglas C. Greene Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Southeast Missouri State University in 2006. As of 2011, over 600 individuals in rural communities in Missouri, Kentucky, and Tennessee had completed Operation JumpStart leading to the immediate creation of nearly 225 new businesses, with an additional 25 percent of participants going on to launch businesses within two years. Of these nearly 300 new businesses, over 90 percent of them were still in business after two years. For more information about Operation JumpStart nationwide, visit http://www.operationjumpstart.biz/.