Government Contracting Resources for Arkansas Businesses
The list below offers a sampling of municipal bid opportunities in Arkansas but is not intended to be comprehensive. Check with other city and county offices for local postings.
- Arkansas Bid Network
Arkansas Bid Network - The Arkansas Bid Network publishes procurement solicitations primarily from government agencies but also from some private organizations in Arkansas.
If you see any state or local contracts that you want to bid on but can’t get access to the solicitation documents call your Arkansas PTAC counselor.
- Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration
- Local (City) Opportunities
- City of Conway - View current bid opportunities for goods and services for the city of Conway.
- City of Fayetteville - View current bid opportunities for goods and services for the city of Fayetteville.
- City of Fort Smith - View current bid opportunities for goods and services for the city of Fort Smith.
- City of Jonesboro - View current bid opportunities for goods and services for the city of Jonesboro.
- City of Little Rock Purchasing Division - The City of Little Rock Purchasing Division is a centralized purchasing office that has the responsibility to locate and secure materials, supplies, equipment, and related services as required by various Departments within the City of Little Rock.
- City of North Little Rock- View current bid opportunities for goods and services for the city of North Little Rock.
- City of Springdale - View current bid opportunities for goods and services for the city of Springdale.
- FedBizOps.govFedBizOps.gov - Federal Business Opportunities.
- Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration
Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration - Office of State Procurement - The Office of State Procurement (OSP) has a primary responsibility and oversight for the State wide procurement of commodities, technical and professional services for all state agencies, boards and commissions and colleges and universities. OSP provides regular trainings for vendors on the first Wednesday of every month for those wanting to receive State of Arkansas procurement contracts. PTAC clients may sign up for the monthly vendor training by going to the “Class Enrollment and Schedule, Procurement Class Calendar” under the training page of the OSP website. The class name to register for is titled “Vendor Class.”
- Arkansas Economic Development Commission
Arkansas Economic Development Commission - The Arkansas Economic Development Commission provides assistance in many areas of business growth, including providing minority business certification for the state of Arkansas. The Small and Minority Business division promotes the growth and sustainability of small and minority business enterprises by providing them with real world technical and professional assistance, certification, procurement, networking, capital and contracting opportunities.
- Arkansas Economic Development Institute
Arkansas Economic Development Institute - The Arkansas Economic Development Institute's mission and mandate is to provide community economic development research and analysis, technical assistance, and training to enhance and advance the economy and economic development throughout Arkansas and where appropriate, beyond.
- Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center (ASBTDC)
Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center (ASBTDC) - The Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center is a university-based economic development program that assists entrepreneurs, both new and seasoned. We help with every aspect of business creation, management, and operation.
- Arkansas Women’s Business Center (AWBC)Arkansas Women’s Business Center (AWBC) - Arkansas Women’s Business Center The AWBC is committed to providing technical assistance, training, and access to capital services tailored to meet the needs of women business owners. The Center is funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.
SCORE - SCORE is the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, with more than 10,000 volunteers in 300 chapters.
- U.S. Small Business Administration
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) - Financing, business planning, and business management. If you are just starting a business or needing guidance for your existing business, this is a good resource with a variety of tools.
- D&B D-U-N-S Number
D&B D-U-N-S Number - A DUNS number is a unique, non-indicative 9-digit identifier issued and maintained by D&B (Dun & Bradstreet) that verifies the existence of a business entity globally. This is required to perform work with the Federal Government.
- DFARS - Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation SupplementDFARS – Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement - A supplement to the FAR that provides DoD-specific acquisition regulations that DoD government acquisition officials – and those contractors doing business with DoD – must follow in the procurement process for goods and services.
- DHA - Defense Health Agency
DHA - Defense Health Agency - The official website of the Military Health System (MHS). This site provides information about the Directorate of Procurement that supports the MHS through award and administration of health services and information technology contracts.
DIBBS - is a web-based application that provides the capability to search for, view, and submit secure quotes on Requests For Quotations (RFQs) for Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) items of supply. DIBBS also allows users to search and view Request For Proposals (RFPs), Invitations For Bid (IFBs), Awards and other procurement information related to DLA.
- DLA ASSIST
DLA ASSIST - ASSIST is a comprehensive web site used to develop, coordinate, distribute, and manage defense and federal specifications and standards, military handbooks, commercial item descriptions, data item descriptions, and related technical documents prepared in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Defense Standardization Program (DSP).
Once registered, users may search for documents, identify standardization points-of-contact, generate numerous standard or custom reports, and establish profiles to receive customized e-mail alerts when a preparing activity undertakes a project to develop or modify a document, posts a draft for coordination or publishes a new or revised document.
- Dynamic Small Business Search (DSBS)
Dynamic Small Business Search (DSBS) - The Dynamic Small Business Search is a marketing site as well as the location for SBA Certifications for the 8a Business Development Program and HUBZone Program.
- FAR Supplements for each Agency
FAR Supplements for each Agency - This page links to key agency FAR supplements and related documents.
FARSite - The authoritative source for the AFFARS (Air Force Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement) only.
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) official site
Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) official site - The FAR contains the rules for doing business with the federal government.
- FEMA - Federal Emergency Management AgencyFEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) - The Federal Emergency Management Agency coordinates the federal government's role in preparing for, preventing, mitigating the effects of, responding to, and recovering from all domestic disasters, whether natural or man-made, including acts of terror.
- FPDS (Federal Procurement Data System) FPDS (Federal Procurement Data System) - Federal Procurement Data System can be used to research detailed procurement activity data on 60+ federal departments.
- NAICS -- North American Industry Classification System
North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) - The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is the standard used by Federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments for the purpose of collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. business economy.
- SAM – System for Award Management
SAM – System for Award Management -The System for Award Management (SAM) is the Official U.S. Government system that consolidated the capabilities of CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and EPLS. There is NO fee to register for this site.
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) & Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR)
programsSmall Business Innovation Research (SBIR) & Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs - SBIR is a federally funded program that provides more than $2 billion annually to research-capable small businesses that are developing new solutions to agency-identified needs. STTR is similar to SBIR, but funds cooperative public/private R&D projects involving a small business and a non-profit research institution.
- Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Search
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Search - This page allows the user to search the 1987 version SIC manual by keyword, to access descriptive information for a specified 2,3,4-digit SIC, and to examine the manual structure.