Want to sell your products or services to the government? These resources may help.
You may be wondering what a DUNS number is and how to get one. Maybe you have questions about rules and regulations regarding government contracting. APAC can help you navigate System for Award Management (SAM), register for your DUNS Number, and more. When you have questions about doing business with the government, call the Arkansas Procurement Assistance Center.
Check out the following list of resources commonly used by our clients.
Frequently Requested Resources for Government Contracting in Arkansas
- SAM – System for Award Management -The System for Award Management (SAM) is the Official U.S. Government system that
consolidated the capabilities of CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and EPLS. There is NO fee to register
for this site.
- Dynamic Small Business Search (DSBS) - The Dynamic Small Business Search is a marketing site as well as the location for
SBA Certifications for the 8a Business Development Program and HUBZone Program. Learn
more about the DSBS program here.
- D&B D-U-N-S Number - A DUNS number is a unique, non-indicative 9-digit identifier issued and maintained
by D&B (Dun & Bradstreet) that verifies the existence of a business entity globally.
This is required to perform work with the Federal Government.
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) official site - The FAR contains the rules for doing business with the federal government.
- FAR Supplements for each Agency - This page links to key agency FAR supplements and related documents.
- NAICS -- North American Industry Classification System - 2007 Look-up National Stock
Number (NSN) Search - The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is the standard used by
Federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments for the purpose
of collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. business
- Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Search - This page allows the user to search the 1987 version SIC manual by keyword, to access descriptive information for a specified 2,3,4-digit SIC, and to examine the manual structure.
- Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center (ASBTDC)- The Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center is a university-based economic development program that assists entrepreneurs, both new and seasoned. We help with every aspect of business creation, management, and operation.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)- Financing, business planning, and business management. If you are just starting a business or needing guidance for your existing business, this is a good resource with a variety of tools.
- SCORE- SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentorship.
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock Institute for Economic Advancement-
The Institute for Economic Advancement's mission and mandate is to provide community economic development research and analysis, technical assistance, and training to enhance and advance the economy and economic development throughout Arkansas and where appropriate, beyond.
- Arkansas Economic Development Commission- The Arkansas Economic Development Commission provides assistance in many areas of business growth, including providing minority business certification for the state of Arkansas. The Small and Minority Business division promotes the growth and sustainability of small and minority business enterprises by providing them with real world technical and professional assistance, certification, procurement, networking, capital and contracting opportunities.
Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration – Office of State Procurement - The Office of State Procurement (OSP) has a primary responsibility and oversight for the State wide procurement of commodities, technical and professional services for all state agencies, boards and commissions and colleges and universities. OSP provides regular trainings for vendors on the first Wednesday of every month for those wanting to receive State of Arkansas procurement contracts. APAC clients may sign up for the monthly vendor training by going to the “Class Enrollment and Schedule, Procurement Class Calendar” under the training page of the OSP website. The class name to register for is titled “Vendor Class.”
- Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration - Register as a vendor with the State of Arkansas. View procurement opportunities with the State of Arkansas.
- City of Little Rock Purchasing Division-The City of Little Rock Purchasing Division is a centralized purchasing office that has the responsibility to locate and secure materials, supplies, equipment, and related services as required by various Departments within the City of Little Rock.
- FedBizOps.gov- Federal Business Opportunities.