Want to win a government contract? We help Arkansas businesses find, compete for, and win government contracts.
Welcome to the Arkansas PTAC (Procurement Technical Assistance Center) website! As you may have noticed we are currently in the process of rebranding.
Our name has changed from APAC (Arkansas Procurement Assistance Center) to Arkansas PTAC.
Don’t worry, our mission has not changed, we are still here to help Arkansas based small businesses with their government contracting needs. Over the next few weeks we will be making the transition to our new name - Arkansas PTAC.
You may notice changes to our website as well as our logo and e-mail address, reflecting our new name.
Our monthly newsletters are also improving starting in January 2019 to include more high level content for YOU, our client! E-mails will be coming from PTAC@uaex.edu in the near future so please make sure to check your spam folders and accept all communication from us to keep updated on all events and government contracting related content! Our new website will be http://uaex.edu/PTAC .
We at the Arkansas PTAC look forward to serving you in the coming years!
What can PTAC do for you?
- One-on-one counseling provided by experienced consultants
- Help clients locate opportunities to sell products or services to government agencies
- Provides training on a variety of government contracting topics available at no cost or, available at a nominal fee.
- Free counseling on any issue related to selling goods or services to public agencies
- Solicitation analysis and proposal scrub down
- Assistance with certifications and registrations to qualify for agencies the client wishes to approach
- Help with locating government specifications, drawings, procurement history, and other difficult-to-find data
What PTAC can not do:
- Provide financial support or assistance, such as grants and financing
- Provide references or endorsements
- Prepare your bid or proposal (but we show you how)
- Represent your company, or act as your agent, or make any decisions for you
- Accept any payment or gift for these services (except tuition for the accredited course)
- Help you with litigation against the government
How to become an PTAC client:
- Complete a Client Application
- Be in a business capable of or potentially capable of providing goods or services to a public agency
- Have a primary place of business located in Arkansas
- Provide data about the company and its ownership, which PTAC will not divulge
- Be computer literate with e-mail and Internet access
- Actively pursue government contracts and the related registrations and certifications
- Provide a simple Monthly Activity Report online containing information about your government sales
The Arkansas Procurement Technical Assistance Center, is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency.
The Arkansas Procurement Technical Assistance Center is an economic development program operated by the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service.
The Arkansas Procurement Technical Assistance Center’s main office is located in Little Rock at 2301 South University Avenue, Room 110. We also have a satellite location at the NorthWest Arkansas Community College in Bentonville. The satellite office is located within the Shewmaker Center for Global Business Development.