Galaxy Conference 2018
February 28 - March 2 at DeGray Lake Resort
To see pictures of the 2017 Galaxy Conference, please check the Galaxy album on Flickr.
2018 GALAXY CONFERENCE “NAME THAT CONFERENCE” CONTEST
No, it's not Groundhog's Day. Last year's "Name that Conference Contest" brought in great results, so we're repeating it this year. This time we're offering a FREE registration for the winner.
We're are asking folks to submit their ideas for the title theme for the 2018 Arkansas Extension GalaxyConference. The 2018 conference will be held at Lake DeGray State Park, Feb. 28-March 2. The Galaxy Conference Planning Committee will choose the official conference theme title from all of the ideassubmitted.
1) Entries must be submitted electronically via an online entry form. Select the following link to open entry form:
Name That Conference Entry Form
NOTE: If the above link does not open, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser address window: https://uaex.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9npZVui4POdorn7
2) Entries must be submitted by midnight (CDT) on October 1, 2017 to be considered.
3) The individual submitting the winning theme title will receive one free full-time registration feefor the 2018 Galaxy Conference. The winning individual must register for and attend the 2018Galaxy Conference in order to receive the registration award.
4) Entries must be submitted by an individual. The conference registration award will be awardedonly to one individual.
5) The conference registration award must be used by the individual who submitted the winningtheme title and cannot be transferred from the winner to another individual.
6) If two or more submitted theme title entries are identical, the theme title that was submittedearliest of those theme titles will be considered the official entry for that theme title.
7)Members of the 2018 Galaxy Conference Planning Committee will serve as the judges of theentries to the “Name That Conference” contest.
8)The winner of the “Name That Conference” contest will be announced in October.
9)The Galaxy Planning Committee reserves the right to edit the winning theme title for length,grammar or punctuation.
What is the Arkansas Galaxy Conference?
The Arkansas Galaxy Conference is an annual professional development activity for Extension employees. The conference is a joint effort between the Arkansas Association of Cooperative Extension Specialists (AACES), the Arkansas Association of Extension 4-H Agents (AAE4-HA), Epsilon Sigma Phi (ESP) and the National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences - Arkansas Affiliate (NEAFCS-AR). You do not have to be a member of these professional associations to attend the Arkansas Galaxy Conference.
The conference features professional improvement seminars, presentations and posters from your Extension peers and awards recognition and presentation. The Arkansas Galaxy Conference is a great opportunity to network with your Extension peers from across the state and all four of Extension's program areas
Our goal is for all attendees to leave Arkansas Galaxy Conference with an expanded
network, new ideas and renewed energy.