Arkansas 4-H Projects
Every 4-H member chooses a project area that they want to learn more about. Each project fits into one of the following areas:
4-H Initiative Areas
Strengthening Families - includes the Family Life project.
Extending Resources - includes the Fabrics and Fashions, Consumer Education, Housing and Home Environment projects.
Enhance Health & Well-being - includes the Bicycles, Foods and Nutrition/Food Preparation, Food Preservation, Health and Fitness, Safety projects.
Encourage Individual Development - includes Achievement, Arts and Humanities, Citizenship, Leadership, Communication and Photography.
Agriculture - includes the agriculture project.
Animal Science - includes the animal science, beef, dairy, horse, meat goats, meat science, pets, poultry, rabbits, sheep and swine projects.
Plant Science - includes the plant and soil science, gardening and horticulture, and crop science projects.
Protecting the Environment - includes the outdoor adventures, environmental stewardship, forestry, shooting sports, sport fishing, wildlife management and wood science projects.
Utilizing Science and Technology - includes the energy management, electricity, entomology, technology and engineering, and veterinary science.
4-H Record Books
Record keeping and completing a Record Book describing work in a member's project is an important part of 4-H. While it is not an easy process, the benefits are many. Completing a record book each year is the conclusion of project work for the year.
Forms and Helpful Information
- Arkansas 4-H Record Book Initiative Areas and Projects
- Rules for Completing Your Record Book
- Sample Resume (For Advanced Only)
- Tips For Completing Your Record Book
- Record Book PowerPoint 2016
Record Book Templates
- Record Book Template in fillable PDF form
- Arkansas 4-H Report Form Template in Word
- Cloverbud Project Report Form
- 1. Project Work Score Sheet
- 2. 4-H Leadership Score Sheet
- 3. Community Service Awards and Promotion Score Sheet
- 4. Resume' 4-H Story and Photo Score Sheet
Project Tip Sheets - Reach your full potential in your project area!
- Dairy Cattle
- Meat Goat
- Shooting Sports