4-H Veterinary Science Certificate Program
Are you a high school student wanting to learn about the veterinary profession?
The 4-H Veterinary Science Certificate Program is here for you! Specifics about the program are below.
- Available to 4-H students ages 14-19
- Adults participate as 4-H Volunteer Leaders
- Curriculum is based on the book Veterinary Medicine: Preparatory Training for the Veterinary Assistant
- Curriculum provides 100 lessons and 50 activities
- Lessons and activities are coordinated by county 4-H Program Leaders
- Students have access to veterinarians and veterinary technicians as mentors
- After completion of the program, students will be eligible to take an exam for certification as a veterinary assistant
Contact your County Extension Office to learn more about joining or starting a program in your county!